Thursday 15 June 2017

Senator Husain acceptance speech

Acceptance Speech by Senator Mudashir Oyetunde Husain after winning the All Progressives Congress (APC) Primaries for the Osun West Senatorial District Bye-election on Wednesday, June 14, 2017.

I thank the Almighty Allah for making today a reality and a day of significance for our party, the All Progressives Congress (APC), the people of Osun West Senatorial District and the people of the State of Osun in general.

The hostoric venue of the primary in Egbedore Local government is a further testimony of the life-changing developments of APC administration of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola.

Before I advance further I must at this juncture crave our indulgence to rise and have a minute silence for our late Senator Isiaka Adetunji Adeleke....... May his soul rest in peace.

This honour for our brother is necessary because his death was painful to all of us and he will be forever missed.

We all have the moral burden, to advance democracy and good governance in our clime, this is my commitment.

It is to the public knowledge, that this contest was characterized by twists and turns, amongst which was my earlier disqualification by the Screening Committee of the party, which decision was upheld by the Appeal Screening Committee. However, as stipulated in the guildline of our party, the NWC upheld my further appeal to it as the body with power to make final verdict on the qualification of any candidate.

I believe in the oneness of our party, and I took the decision to use legal means to correct what I felt has been wrongly done by both the screening committee and the Screening Appeal Committee. Fortunately, thr National Working Committee of our party upheld our contentions. This is the beauty of democracy, especially in a political party like ours.

At this juncture, I want to appreciate the remarkable effort of our National Chairman,  Chief John Odigiwe- Oyegun, Governor Rauf Aregbesola and all the Leaders and members of APC throughout the country for their unflinching support. I especially thank all the delegates at this historic primary that further strengthen the progressive inclination of our party.

I appeal to all party faithful to always toe the line of obedience and submission to party leadership which I strongly believe is in tandem with democratic tenets, respect for the rule of the game,  and constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

May  I seize this medium to say that this  contest had provided a new leverage to add value to the life of our people

The turn out of this  primaries election exercise, as it were is a  victory,  hence we need to work together as a team to secure Ultimate victory for our party to win the bye-election, slated for July 8, 2017.

Our contenders, I mean the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), though scattered and disorganized, are looking for loopholes to ridicule us, but we must remain undivided so that we can all coast to victory at the election.

As I am returning to the Nigerian Senate after the July 8 bye-election, God's willing, I assure my party, the people of Osun West Senatorial District and the people of Osun in general that I will use the mandate to serve them by building on the successes I recorded when I was there between 2011 and 2015, and achievement recorded by our late Senator Isiaka Adeleke.

I thank you all for you attention as we approach July 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment